Rules & Rounds
The ACK Family Quiz (Season 1) is created and conducted by Amar Chitra Katha.
The daily quiz can be played by one or more family members, individually. For the Semi Finals and Grand Season Finale, a team of 3 family members is required.
Age Eligibility is 8 to 80 years
Each Family will need to register with a single unique email id and always log in with the same email id for the daily quizzes.
Season 1 duration: 6th July to 19th September
Round One - The Daily Prelims
First Round of the ACK Family Quiz (Season 1) will be played on the ACK App, Website or Social Media
It will be played 5 days in a week (Mon to Fri), with each day having a unique theme:
Mixed Bad Fridays
Each Quiz will be live for 24 hours from 10 am (Day 1) to 9:59am (Day 2)
It will have 10 questions based on the daily theme
The Leaderboard will display the points of all the families/contestants
Each Question will have points
Each Question is mandatory and has a time limit which will be displayed on the screen.
Round Two- The Fortnightly Semi Finals
The top 4 families at the end of every two weeks will qualify to play a live round of the ACK Family Quiz (Season 1) Semi Finals.
These Semi Finals will be streamed live on Amar Chitra Katha’s Youtube Channel and on Facebook Live.
Duration of this round will be 60 mins on a Sunday (Refer Schedule)
Final Round - The Grand Finale - The ACK Quiz Season Finale (19th September)
The 5 winners from the Semi Finals will qualify to compete for the prestigious ACK Family Quiz Championship title in a live Grand Season 1 Finale.
This Finale will be streamed live on Amar Chitra Katha’s Youtube Channel and on Facebook Live.
The ACK Family Quiz (Season 1) - Grand Finale will be held on 19th September, Saturday as a tribute to Uncle Pai’s Legacy.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ANY ENTRY SHALL BE CONSIDERED VOID IF IT IS PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY AMAR CHITRA KATHA PRIVATE LIMITED.
By entering/participating in this quiz, you have agreed with the terms and conditions.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully
1. This ACK Family Quiz (Season 1) is open to all.
2. All winners will be notified via email. Please use a current and valid email address in order to claim the prizes. Details of prize collection will be intimated.
3. All prizes are non-transferable. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of a prize. Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd.(ACK) reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or similar value at its sole discretion.
4. Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant that it deems to be in breach of these Official Rules.
5. Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right in its sole discretion on all content, format and delivery related decisions and changes. All ACK decisions are final and binding to all contestants.
6. ACK Family Quiz Period: Families/Contestants shall submit their answers through this APP within the designated time period and in accordance with the submission instructions set out above.
7. How to Enter:
(i) Play the Quiz on Amar Chitra Katha App or on www.amarchitrakatha.com or via links provided on the Amar Chitra Katha Social Media Channels
(ii) Play and answer all the questions correctly.
(iii) The prelims round contain an entry form requiring name, email id, city and mobile number of any one member of the family. By submitting the entry form, contestants confirm that all information provided on the form is complete, accurate and not misleading. No changes may be made to an Entry once it has been submitted. All entries must be in English. Incomplete, illegible or garbled entries will be disqualified. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER FAMILY. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorised account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. "Authorised account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organisation (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Only entries submitted electronically through the ACK FAMILY QUIZ webpage in accordance with these Official Rules will be eligible for consideration. All entries become the exclusive property of Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd. and will not be acknowledged or returned. Internet access is required to participate in the ACK FAMILY QUIZ.
8. Representations and Warranties Regarding Entries: By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your Entry does not and shall not comprise, contain, or describe, as determined in ACK’s sole discretion: (A) false statements or any misrepresentations of your affiliation with a person or entity; (B) personally identifying information about you or any other person; (C) statements or other content that is false, deceptive, misleading, scandalous, indecent, obscene, unlawful, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, tortious, threatening, harassing, hateful, degrading, intimidating, or racially or ethnically offensive; (D) conduct that could be considered a criminal offense, could give rise to criminal or civil liability, or could violate any law; (E) any advertising, promotion or other solicitation, or any third party brand name or trademark; or (F) any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other harmful code or component. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that you own the full rights to the Entry and have obtained any and all necessary consents, permissions, approvals and licenses to submit the Entry and comply with all of these Official Rules.
9. Rules of the FAMILY Quiz: The online quiz’s instructions are available for review. An online quiz session will automatically end when the time allotment for the respective level runs out. Entrants have to answer all questions correctly in order to be eligible. ACK reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant or adjust any final points awarded that it deems to be in breach of these Official Rules or has acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
10. Agreement to the Official Rules:
By submitting an entry form, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the FAMILY Quiz. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth within these Official Rules. Entrants represent that they meet all requirements for eligibility to participate in the Quiz. Any entrant found to be acting in violation of these Official Rules may, in ACK’s sole discretion, be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be declared made by the individual named in the submission of the entry form. Entrants shall indemnify ACK, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and directors, officers and employees thereof, representatives, associates and affiliates of any of them, against any and all claim, losses, costs, damages, liability and expenses arising out of the entrant’s breach of any of these Official Rules.
11. Selection and Notification of Winners:
Winners will be selected by ACK internal panel of judges from all eligible entries received during the Family Quiz period. Decisions of the Panel will be final and binding in all respects. This is a contest of skill and knowledge.
All winners will be notified by email and a current and valid email address is required in order to claim the prize. Prizes must be claimed within 21 business days after receipt of email from ACK or an alternate winner will be selected by ACK. The decisions of ACK shall be final and binding in all respects.
If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner does not return the signed claim forms within the required time, or is otherwise found to be ineligible or not in full compliance with these Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
12. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”):
The prize winners will each receive the items as set above. Items with registered trademarks (where applicable) are in no way affiliated with this Family Quiz and are not participants of this promotion.
All prizes are non-transferable. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of a prize, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Prizes must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Winners shall bear sole responsibility for fulfilling any tax obligations associated with receipt and/or use of prize.
All prizes constituting electronic products may or may not come with warranty. ACK shall not be responsible for providing any warranties for such products. Winners of such products are advised to check directly with the product manufacturers to verify the validity of the warranty - please see your product box and literature for details.
Any taxes applicable in India shall be payable by the winner.
14. Release: By participating in the Family Quiz, to the extent permissible by law, entrants hereby release ACK & the Sponsors from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to the acceptance of any prizes in connection with their participation in the Family Quiz or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, and use of, or inability to use, any prize, to the extent permitted by law. In no event will ACK and the Sponsors be liable to a participant for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages arising out of, or in connection with the Family Quiz, whether or not the ACK and the sponsors has been advised, had reason to know, or in fact knew the possibility of such damage. ACK is not liable in the event that any portion of the Family Quiz is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
15. Limitations of Liability: To the extent permitted by law, neither ACK, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, shall have any obligation, liability or responsibility with regard to (i) entries that contain incorrect or inaccurate information or do not comply with these Official Rules, (ii) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, technical or other error of any kind, (iii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of ACK that may cause the Family Quiz to be disrupted or delayed, or (v) any damages or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from participation in the Family Quiz, accessing, uploading or downloading data in connection with the Family Quiz, or acceptance, possession or use of any prize. ACK does not guarantee that Family Quiz will not contain IT faults, or that faults identified will be remedied; nor can they guarantee that Family Quiz and/or sites to which Family Quiz operates do not contain viruses or other components which may cause damage to players’ computer equipment and/or data. Sponsor does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Family Quiz. Numerous factors outside of the control of ACK may interfere with the operation of Family Quiz. To the extent permissible by law, ACK excludes all implied warranties, conditions and other implied terms. ACK, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Family Quiz website or otherwise violating these Official Rules. ACK, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to shorten, defer, alter, cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Family Quiz (including without limitation the prizes offered) if the Family Quiz cannot be completed as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, and to select a winner from among eligible entries unaffected by such event, if any; it cannot be held liable for this on any grounds whatsoever.
16. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and ACK in connection with the Family Quiz, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of India, without giving effect to its conflicts of law or principles.
18. Right to Use Entries: By entering the Family Quiz, entrants grant ACK a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide right and license to reproduce, publish, display, edit and otherwise use the submitted Entries, and entrant’s full name and city and state/province/country of residence, online and in print or any other media for purposes of editorials, exhibition, advertising, publicity and promotion of the Family Quiz and ACK’s publications and products, without additional compensation or permission, unless prohibited by law.
19. Rules: By entering the Family Quiz, entrant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Family Quiz, and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in the Family Quiz.
20. Winners List: For the names of winners, please visit ACK’s website at https://www.amarchitrakatha.com or ACK will notify the winners via email.